Now that we know the basics, let's install and set the extension up.
In order to install the extension, visit the extension's page in the Chrome Web Store:
If the installation went successful, you should see our "Thank you" page, with an introduction:
FlyCode Extension thank you page
Last, but not least: we suggest to pin the extension for easier usage. Remember, you can always unpin it later on.
Pin the extension for easier usage.
We're trying to keep the extension small. It only contains essential features available after signing in, this means the first thing you will see is a prompt to sign in.
Our Sign In mechanism will open a new browser tab with the FlyCode Application. If you are already logged in, the whole process will take a few seconds and requires no further action.
<video of how it looks like to auto sign in>
Otherwise, you will see the sign in screen. Simply sign in and that's it!
Now that we're logged in, we should see an information panel that describes the current state of our FlyCode organization setup. There are few prompts you may see:
- No Apps Configured – visible when there are no applications assigned to your FlyCode account. This most likely means you didn't configure any app in your FlyCode organization or you aren't a member of any organizations to begin with. Follow the instructions in the Creating an Organization and Onboarding pages to get past this step.
- This page doesn't appear to be configured – you will see this if you have applications in your FlyCode organizations, but none of them is associated with the current URL (website address). This is good.
- Couldn't extract texts from this application – if you see this message, that means your application configuration is already done and the app is connected to current URL, but we didn't find any texts in your app. This can be caused by many reasons, so it's best to contact us and we'll be happy to help. You can also check the Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page.
Hopefully what you see is the 2nd prompt, in which case the side panel should look similar to this:
Extension panel to associate current URL with one of your applications.
Choose the application that you want to associate with the current website and click the "Connect" button. And that's it!
In the next page we'll see how to start making changes.
- 1.How do I know it's safe to use this extension?Please note that any extension in the Chrome Web Store needs to pass the Google team's review. That means that our tool is not malicious.We make sure no sensitive data is collected and we are completely transparent about browser permissions we need for the extension to function properly.
- 2.My extension looks a bit different than the screenshots above. Should I worry?We're constantly updating the Extension in order to make it work better; provide more functionalities or to fix existing issues. In any of these processes the UI may change, but the features and main functionality will always stay the same.
- 3.How can I manually fix the "Couldn't extract texts" issue? What's the reason for it?Currently we aren't providing any way to fix the issue manually as it is not that common. We're happy to help you, so don't hesitate to contact us.The issue happened because of invalid App configuration; the specific reason could be:
- 1.selecting the wrong App framework when choosing a hardcoded texts format (e.g. Angular instead of React).
- 2.Selecting hardcoded texts while using locale files/translations or vice versa (e.g. react instead of JSON).
- 3.Providing incorrect app path or resource files path.